As products and experiences continue to increase in complexity, performance and quality targets are becoming more demanding. CATIA answers that challenge, enabling the rapid development of high-quality mechanical products.
Mechanical engineers equipped with CATIA 3D Modeling tools can gain insight into key factors of quality and performance early in the product development phase. Digital prototyping, combined with digital analysis and simulation, allows product development teams to virtually create and analyze a mechanical product in its operating environment.
CATIA Engineering provides the platform which enables engineers to create any type of 3D assembly, for a wide range of engineering processes.
It is available in two versions: V5 and 3DEXPERIENCE.
CATIA V5 Configurations: Mechanical Design, Shape Design & Styling, Product Synthesis, Equipment & Systems Engineering, Analysis, Machinning.
CATIA V5 – Basic CATIA V5 Design Module:
- CATIA – Mechanical Design 1 Configuration (MD1): one seat provides all the necessary tools to perform basic 3D design of mechanical parts and assemblies and the generation of production drawings
- CATIA – Mechanical Design 2 Configuration (MD2): one seat provides all the necessary tools to perform advanced 3D design of mechanical parts and assemblies in the context of the full-scale digital mock-up, and generation of production drawings
- CATIA – Hybrid Design 2 Configuration (HD2): one seat provides all the necessary tools to perform advanced 3D design of mechanical parts, assemblies and complex shapes in the context of the full-scale digital mock-up, and generation of production drawings
CATIA V5 Team PLM Express
- A software solution that makes small and medium-sized businesses easier to design and improve PLM’s (Product Lifecycle Management) business
- The “core” base requirement is the package CATIA Team PLM Configuration (CAT)
- Access to basic surface design, assembly design, drafting, and also contains STEP
- Deliver core collaborative PDM (Product Data Management) functionality via ENOVIA SmarTeam –> providing optimized CATIA design management and collaboration and a foundation of solid PLM solution scaling.
MD1 and CAT comparison:
3DEXPERIENCE CATIA portfolio contains over 50 roles which support user experiences in styling design, mechanical engineering, electrical and fluids engineering, and systems engineering.
Powered by Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform, 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA delivers:
- A Social design environment built on a single source of truth and accessed through powerful 3D dashboards that drive business intelligence, real-time concurrent design and collaboration across all stakeholders including mobile workers.
- An Instinctive 3DEXPERIENCE, for both experienced and occasional users with world-class 3D modeling and simulation capabilities that optimize the effectiveness of every user.
- An Inclusive product development platform that is easily integrated with existing processes & tools. This enables multiple disciplines to leverage powerful and integrated specialist applications across all phases of the product development process.
Designing in 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA
CATIA’s Design, Engineering, Systems Engineering and Construction applications are the heart of Industry Solution Experiences from Dassault Systèmes to address specific industry needs.
There are three special offers for 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA for Mid-Market Engineering:
- Sheet Metal Excellence Designer (SHLX): the basic CATIA Mid-Market role that contains part design, assembly design and drafting.
- Mechanical Excellence (M3KX): extended SHLX capability for more advanced part design, 3D Tolerancing & Annotation, Mechanism Simulation, Static Study.
- Mechanical & Shape Excellence (M3SX): add up advanced surface modelling capability of M3KX including Generative Shape Design, Shape Healing, Freestyle Shape Design, Morphing and Reverse Shape Optimizer.
Please feel free to contact us and discuss the issues you are interested in, thank you!