The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform uses the open Modelica language and Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) standard to rapidly model and simulate multi-physic dynamic and control systems. These systems can contain a combination of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, thermal, control, electric power or process-oriented characteristics and components.
Dynamic Systems Engineer
- Rapidly model and simulate the performance of complex products and systems.
- Accelerate understanding and validation of complex systems through early virtual simulation.
- Quickly find solutions to complex multi-physic system design problems.
- Uses Modelica compliant component models to ensure Intellectual Property capture and re-use.
- Size, tune and optimize system components and parameters quickly, accurately and early in the system design process.
Mechatronic Systems Engineer
- Rapid development of systems comprising of mechanical, embedded control software, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic technologies through a rich integrated 2D & 3D systems development environment.
- Minimize development cost and effort through the reuse of modular components and systems.
- Ensure compliance with market and regulatory requirements through a structured Model Based Systems Engineering approach.
- Reuse intellectual property, expertise and models across multiple systems and products.
- All disciplines share a common understanding of a product or systems behavior.
Systems C Code Export
- Automatically generate C source code that is reliable and traceable.
- Generated C code can be adapted for use on any hardware platform.
- Open access to C source code for user customization.
Systems FMU Export
- Generate standalone executable Functional Mock-up Units (FMU’s) from a Modelica compliant 3DExperience model for use in other co-simulation environments.
Systems Real Time Execution Export
- Shorten the development time for complex systems by virtually simulating plant models to validate the behavior of new Electronic Control Units (ECU’s)
- Leverage high-performance simulation implementations to minimize systems development time
- Avoid costs and risks associated with executing new ECU’s on real physical plant.
Systems Simulink Export
- Export a Modelica plant model (developed in either the Systems Dynamics Performance or the Systems Mechatronic Engineering processes) in order to validate the behavior of a plant controller modeled in Simulink.
- Strengthen collaborative workflow between systems with engineers using Simulink for control systems design.
- Gradually refine the systems design from simple start models through to detailed product designs.
- Re-use system plant components in many different systems to reduce maintenance & development time.