HyperWorks®, The Platform for Innovation™, is built on a foundation of design optimization, performance data management and process automation. HyperWorks is an enterprise simulation solution for rapid design exploration and decision-making. As one of the most comprehensive CAE solutions in the industry, HyperWorks provides a tightly integrated suite of best-in-class tools for modeling, analysis, optimization, visualization, reporting and performance data management. Leveraging a revolutionary “pay-for-use,” token-based business model, HyperWorks delivers increased value and flexibility over other software licensing models. Firmly committed to an open-systems philosophy, HyperWorks continues to lead the industry with the broadest interoperability to commercial CAD and CAE solutions.
HyperWorks 12.0 is the new version of Altair’s CAE software suite. It includes a large number of new functionalities to support optimization-driven product design and predictive multi-physics analysis, combined with a strong focus on usability and performance.
2. Overview Software functions
The Fastest, Solver Neutral CAE Environment for High Fidelity Modeling.
• High-performance finite element pre-processor
• Highly interactive and visual environment to analyze product design performaance
• Broadest set of direct interfaces to commercial CAD and CAE systems
• Proven, consistent analysis platform for the entire enterprise
Altair HyperGraph is a powerful data analysis and plotting tool with interfaces to many popular file formats. Its sophisticated math engine is capable of processing even the most complex mathematical expressions. HyperGraph combines these features with high-quality presentation output and customization capabilities to create a complete data analysis system for any organization.
Highly-tuned Modeling Environment for Crash and Safety Analysis
• Robust and intuitive pre-processing environment specifically designed to automate the creation of high-fidelity models for crash analysis and safety evaluation
• Increase departmental efficiency and results accuracy through process driven workflows and automated model checking and correction
• Set of user-utilities for the most intricate crash and safety modeling tasks including part replacement and positioning, dummy positioning and seatbelt routing
MotionView – Optimize System Performance
Altair® MotionSolve® is an Integrated solution to analyze and optimize multi-body system performance. Through extensive customer partnership, MotionSolve is thoroughly validated for quality, robustness and speed. Based on superior numerical methods and scalable formulations, MotionSolve offers powerful modeling, analysis, visualization and optimization capabilities for multi-disciplinary simulations that include kinematics & dynamics, statics & quasi-statics, linear & vibration studies, stress & durability, loads extraction, co-simulation, effort estimation and packaging synthesis.
A brand-new multi-purpose numerical computing environment
• A comprehensive set of tools allow rapid development of custom numerical code
• Can be used interactively from Altair ScriptView (a code development workbench) as well as via pure batch mode
• Built-in CAE readers provide ready access to a large set of data formats for pre and post -processing needs
• Easy diagnosis of code through interactive debugging reduces development effort
Simplified Modeling Processes for Complex Problems
SimLab is a process oriented, feature based finite element modeling software that allows you to quickly and accurately simulate engineering behavior of complex assemblies. SimLab automates simulation-modeling tasks to reduce human errors and time spent manually creating finite element models and interpreting results. SimLab is not a traditional off the shelf Pre and Post processing software but a vertical application development platform to capture and automate simulation processes.
3D NURBS modeling and real-time rendering for Mac OS X and Windows
Evolve, formally known as solidThinking, is a 3D conceptual design software that empowers designers to swiftly capture their latest sketch or concept with its powerful NURBS modeling, highly intuitive graphic user interface (GUI) and advanced ConstructionTreeTM history. Evolve's Real-time rendering further improves the user's interactive experience during the review and visualization phases of the production workflow.
A Complete Finite Element Solver for Structural Analysis.
• Next-generation finite element solver for linear and non-linear simulations
• It can be used to simulate structures, fluids, fluid-structure interaction, sheet metal stamping, and mechanical systems
• Maximize durability, noise and vibration performance, crashworthiness, safety, and manufacturability of designs in order to bring innovative products to market faster
• Optimization ready for Simulation Driven Design
Better Technology, Better Solution
Altair® AcuSolve® is a leading general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solver that is capable of solving the most demanding industrial and scientific applications.
Based on the Finite Element method, AcuSolve’s robust and scalable solver technology empowers users by providing unparalleled accuracy on fully unstructured meshes. Applications ranging from steady RANS simulations to complex, transient, multiphysics simulations are handled with ease and accuracy.
Optimization Driven Structural Analysis
Altair® OptiStruct® is an industry proven, modern structural analysis solver for linear and non-linear structural problems under static and dynamic loadings. It is the market leading solution for tructural design and optimization.
Based on finite-element and multi-body dynamics technology, and through advanced analysis and optimization algorithms, OptiStruct helps designers and engineers rapidly develop innovative, lightweight and structurally efficient designs.
Efficient solver-neutral design study, optimization and stochastic study tool
• Developed for engineers who want to improve designs, run what-if scenarios, optimize difficult multi-disciplinary problems, and assess design reliability and robustness
• The open interface system enables users to run design of experiments (DOE), optimization and stochastic studies on models from numerous simulation codes
• Industry-leading optimization algorithms to find the optimum design most efficiently
• Unique interaction with HM morphing capabilities for easiest shape optimization setup
Powerful motion analysis software for mechanical system simulation
• Simulate real-world physics and accurately predicting system dynamic behavior
• Next-generation multi-body systems analysis software based on a revolutionary new formulation technique
• A broad selection of modeling entities to accurately model complex mechanical systems with minimal assumptions
• Especially tailored for models containing a number of large, flexible bodies
Concept Design Synthesis in CATIA V5
HyperShape/CATIA is a direct integration between Dassault Systèmes CATIA V5 solution and the award-winning design optimization technology, Altair OptiStruct®.
HyperShape/CATIA generates structurally optimal design concepts from supplied packaging information, loads, constraints and required product performance. Typically used before CAD design, HyperShape/CATIA helps designers develop lightweight, high-performance design proposals. With this technology, companies can achieve product and business objectives considerably faster than ever before.
Cost effective, Reliable, Efficient, and Complete Solution for Stamping
Altair HyperForm is a comprehensive FE-based sheet metal forming simulation framework.
HyperForm leverages years of Altair’s experience in manufacturing simulation and process design to help develop the optimal manufacturing process.
A complete product line-up tailors any stamping simulation needs:
• HyperForm: Highly efficient platform for the stamping process
• HyperForm Solista: The Essence of Sheet Metal Forming in a Standalone Package
• HyperBlank: Accurate Standalone Blank Costing Analysis
The unique Hyperform environment includes:
• Accurate blank-shape prediction and intuitive nesting interface.
• The fastest inverse solver for quick one-step analysis
• Parametric and NURBS Surface based die development tool
• Comprehensive interface to perform incremental analysis with auto-setup and a multi-stage manager
for hands-off job execution.
Advanced Manufacturing Solution
Altair® HyperXtrude® is an advanced solver for manufacturing process simulations and validations. Highly robust, accurate and easy to use, HyperXtrude provides the best and well customized simulation solutions for metal extrusion, polymer extrusion, billet forging, friction stir welding, metal rolling, and resin transfer molding.
A breakthrough in digital product development, which enables design engineers and architects to generate and explore structurally efficient concepts.
Inspire creates efficient design concepts for design engineers, product designers and architects. Inspire uses Altair’s industry-leading OptiStruct® optimization technology to develop design concepts which are efficient for structural performance and weight. Inspire’s easy to use interface guides the user to build design models and visualize the resulting design concepts. Thus the users can rapidly arrive at efficient structural designs with the least amount of time.
3. Customer Success Stories and Contact point