I. Overview of Software
Mastercam offers CAD/CAM software tools for a variety of programming needs, from basic to complex. Due to our innovative, flexible solutions and top notch network of support, our software is the most widely used in industry and education. Choose Mastercam to streamline your production process from job setup to job completion.
Currently, with the support of information technology, CAD / CAM integration is growing very rapidly. It makes the articulation of the design process for the fabrication of mechanical fields. Current trends of technical development mainly CAD / CAM integration. The CAD / CAM integration is commonly used today, such as Mastercam, Edgecam, SolidCAM, Delcam, Surfcam, Vercut, Topmold, Cimatron, Catia / Auto NC, Pro / Engenieer, Hypercam, etc. ...
Mastercam's CAD / CAM integration is widely used in Europe and in the world, is also widely used in Vietnam. Mastercam capable of designing and programming control
CNC machining centers 5-axis, 4 axis, 3 axis, can be programmed to process spark wire cutting, turning, milling, drilling ... Mastercam is rated as one of the world's best-selling in some recent years.
II. Overview Software functions
1. Mill Solutions
Give your shop the best possible foundation for fast and efficient milling. From general purpose methods such as optimized pocketing to highly specialized toolpaths like 5-axis turbine cutting, with Mastercam Mill, your parts are produced faster, with greater accuracy, quality, and repeatability.
Many of the products we use every day are made with the help of Mastercam Mill. This software delivers a full array of machining strategies and so much more. Mastercam milling solutions can be customized to what your shop needs today and easily scaled to meet your future manufacturing needs.
- A full design package based on a machinists needs including wireframe, surfaces, and solids design
- A wide range of toolpath modules, from industry-leading 2D/3D Dynamic milling strategies to multiaxis and specialized options like Port Expert and Blade Expert
2. Design Solutions
Mastercam Design is a computer-aided design solution that simplifies the creation of even the most complex parts with a robust suite of CAD tools. Design is included with Mastercam’s suite of CAM solutions. It is also available as a standalone product.
From fixing flaws in an imported model, to creating fixtures for work holding on a machine-and so much more, this powerful CAD engine includes modeling and prep tools for CAM programmers to get parts on and off machines quickly.
- Comprehensive CAD platform.
- Direct modeling, file import functionality, and model prep.
- CAD for CAM supports production efficiency.
3. Lathe Solutions
Our lathe solutions give you a set of tools to turn your parts exactly as you need them. Mastercam Lathe provides easy roughing, grooving, threading, parting, boring, drilling, and finishing routines for increased productivity.
Mastercam Lathe also delivers a set of C-axis programming tools, with greatly expanded options when combined with Mastercam Mill, such as face contour and drilling and cross contour and drilling.
- Integrated CAD for CAM provides a powerful set of tools for creating and manipulating wireframe, surfaces, STL, and solids data including MBD information (with select translators).
- Advanced toolpath strategies turn parts with greater efficiency and precision.
4. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS Solutions
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS® is an integrated software solution combining the world’s leading CAD with the world’s most widely used CAM.
With this product, you can standardize your database of CAD files with no need to compromise the quality of your NC programming. SOLIDWORKS users gain all of the programming benefits of Mastercam for streamlined productivity. Fast, easy, and accurate – the way manufacturing should be!
- Includes Mastercam’s industry-leading toolpath technology and post processors in the SOLIDWORKS environment.
- Delivers the ease of SOLIDWORKS modeling, assemblies, and drawings with fully associative Mastercam toolpaths.
- Utilize SOLIDWORKS configurations to program an entire family of parts with one click.
Mastercam Mill, Lathe, and Router products include the option to run a corresponding Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS® environment. Standalone licenses of Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS® Mill and Lathe products are also available for purchase.
5. Mill-Turn Solutions
Mastercam Mill-Turn streamlines programming of high-power multistream machine centers for increased performance and safety. These multitasking CNC machines reduce multiple setups, manual part handling, redundant fixturing, and idle time for improved productivity in manufacturing.
Using Mastercam’s proven milling and lathe toolpaths, this software simplifies the programming process for mill-turn machines with job setups keyed to the exact machine in your shop.
- Optimization, synchronization, and visualization in a single platform.
- Automation to easily manage complex operations between multiple machine data streams.
- Efficient milling, turning, and drilling operations with fewer setups at high speed.
- Program simple lathes in addition to complex machines.
6. Educational Suite
Our CAD/CAM software solutions are bundled and priced at deep discounts for schools to incorporate the world’s leading CAM software into their curricula—with all the functionality of the industrial versions of these products included in the Mastercam Educational Suite.
Teachers appreciate the flexibility to teach everything from introductory lessons all the way to advanced CAM applications. Whether you want to briefly expose students to computer-aided design and manufacturing, enhance STEM education programs, or prepare students for careers in manufacturing with hands-on instruction, you can do it all with this software.
Mastercam Educational Suite includes:
- Mill, Lathe, Wire, Router, Design, ProDrill, and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS®
- Standard library of 2-, 3-, and 4-axis post processors.
- Support and resources for the education community.
Mastercam skills prepare students for rewarding careers as makers and innovators Shaping the Future of Manufacturing™.
7. Wire Solutions
Fast, easy, and productive—the way programming should be. Mastercam Wire is a solution for programming CNC Wire EDM machines.
Mastercam’s suite of 2-axis and 4-axis wirepaths lets you choose the best method for the results you need, with control over the wire motion, angle, entries and exits, and much more. And you get that control in a clear, easy to understand way.
- Full-featured design capabilities support any combination of modeling, from wireframe to surfaces to solid models.
- Automatic lead-in and lead-out strategies, fast, flexible tab creation, and no core cutting make Mastercam Wire a powerful tool for quickly programming parts.
- Intelligent NC programming lets you build a library of machining strategies that automatically adapt to new models.
- Mastercam Wire compliments the functionality of other products such as Mastercam Mill and Lathe.
8. Demo/Home Learning Edition
Mastercam Demo/Home Learning Edition (HLE) is free CAD/CAM software for demo and educational purposes. It is a trial version of Mastercam that can be used to learn at home.
Whether you are an industry professional, student, or teacher, if you are looking for a way to get more familiar with CAD/CAM software, Demo/HLE delivers the full suite of Mastercam with few restrictions.
- Demo/HLE does everything but post G-code.
- Files are saved in EMCX format (not compatible with industrial versions of Mastercam).
- Multiaxis is included, but most Add-Ons are not included or supported.
- Post processors and Mill-Turn are not included or supported.
9. Router Solutions
When you invest in a CNC router, you want the right software driving it to maximize productivity and avoid downtime due to costly errors. Mastercam Router delivers the right tool exactly when you need it.
Anyone with a CNC router, from the home hobbyist to professional manufacturers, can appreciate the ease, speed, and reliability of Mastercam Router. The software delivers industry-proven NC programming for safe and efficient router machining of everything from wood to composite materials.
- From CAD inception to part completion, Mastercam Router is designed as a comprehensive solution for manufacturing productivity.
- Mastercam Router supports features that are unique to CNC routers, including toolpath and geometry nesting, block drill support, aggregate head support, saw cutting support, and full 2- through 5-axis cutting.
Build your comprehensive CAD/CAM solution with Mastercam. Enhance your productivity with a variety of specialized Add-Ons for your specific machining needs.
- Multiaxis Improve your productivity with simultaneous 4- and 5-axis machining capability for Mastercam. Mastercam Multiaxis offers a wide range of multiaxis machining strategies—both basic and advanced.
Multiaxis toolpaths are also very useful for advanced control on 3-axis machines. With Mastercam, you have complete control over three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance.
Tilt axis limits control the tool angle to ensure the toolpath will not violate machine tool limits.
- Delivers multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing, including stock model awareness.
- Tilt axis limits control the tool angle to ensure the toolpath will not gouge your part or violate machine tool limits.
- Advanced gouge-checking and a 5-axis safe zone around the part help ensure safe cuts in even the most complex operations.
- Works with Mastercam Mill 3D, Mastercam Router 3D, Mastercam Mill-Turn, and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS® products to generate 5-axis code to run virtually any CNC machine.
- Support for advanced tool geometries is included as standard.
Mastercam Multiaxis ensures accurate cuts and fast turnaround on even the toughest jobs, with streamlined multiaxis programming for optimum productivity.
- 5-Axis Curve Machining and Drilling and Drilling helps you make better use of the capabilities that 5-axis machines provide. Your multiaxis machine is capable of drilling holes from different angles with a single fixture setup, saving time and increasing productivity. The power of multiaxis drill becomes apparent on parts that contain multiple holes with center lines pointing in different directions.
Tool axis control is what separates multiaxis toolpaths from normal surface, chain, and point toolpaths. The ability to manipulate the angle of the tool, relative to the cut pattern, puts a greater amount of control in your hands. The cut speed, finish quality, and tool life can all be improved with tool axis control.
- Add-On to Mastercam Mill 3D
- Add-On to Mastercam Router 3D
- Add-On to Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS 3D® products
Mastercam 5-Axis Curve Machining and Drilling is a practical point of entry into multiaxis machining, creating quality toolpaths while reducing programming time.
- Port Expert Mastercam Port Expert facilitates toolpath generation for CNC cylinder head porting. It is a fast and easy-to-use software for creating multiaxis toolpaths within cylinder head ports, complex tubes, or deep pockets. This software creates accurate, efficient porting motion on surface patches or solid body data. It minimizes unnecessary motion at the machine, which results in a highly efficient toolpath with superior finish quality.
- Toolpath motion can be limited to either end of a port or allowed inside both ends of a port, meeting in the middle.
- When cutting from both ends of a port, there is an integrated link move between the cuts, as well a seamless transition where the two cuts meet.
- Port Expert creates finishing motion that runs parallel to, or perpendicular to the flow direction.
- Port Expert works seamlessly with Mastercam Mill 3D and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS Mill 3D.
Simply define the port shape and any geometry to avoid, then configure your tool and machining parameters. Port Expert does the rest!
- File Translators allow part files to be imported and exported between programs. Mastercam includes a large selection of CAD model file translators, so no matter where a part was created, it can be imported and modified as needed for machining purposes.
Mastercam file importers can open the following CAD file formats:
- Native CAD formats – Alibre Design, AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Inventor™, CATIA™, Creo®, KeyCreator®, Rhino, Siemens NX™, SOLIDWORKS®, SolidEdge, SpaceClaim®
- Solid modeling kernel formats – ACIS, Parasolid®
- Standard formats – IGES (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification), STEP (Standard for the Exchange of Product Data), STL (Stereolithography), VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie)
Several Mastercam file importers can bring in Model Based Definition (MBD) entities. MBD entities are “smart” dimensions which contain design intent added to the file during its creation. Capturing that data upon import and having it automatically be associated to the imported geometry inside Mastercam can be a significant time-saver. This can reduce or eliminate the need for external drawings that typically accompany imported files. MBD entities can be imported from the following formats: STEP, Siemens NX, Creo, Autodesk Inventor, and CATIA V5.
Whatever the source, Mastercam file translators helps get parts on and off your machines faster.
- Blade Expert Generating toolpaths for impellers, fans, and marine propellers is a complex 5-axis challenge. Machining these multibladed shapes usually requires special multistep, multiaxis programming, but Mastercam Blade Expert provides a comprehensive solution for various blade configurations. The interface follows the Mastercam standard used by all Multiaxis toolpaths, ensuring a short learning curve and successful deployment. Blade Expert turns your multiblade machining challenges into routine solutions:
- Remove the material from between the blades.
- Finish the blades/splitters.
- Finish the floor.
- Finish the fillets.
- Productivity+™ gives you the ability to use a Renishaw measuring probe on a machine tool to update fixture offsets, tooling offsets, program orientation, and report on critical dimensions and tolerances. It also assists in lights-out manufacturing and running a machine tool without an operator.
Productivity+ provides an easy-to-use platform for incorporating simple measurement functionality and more advanced in-process intelligence into machining programs. It can simplify a wide range of measurement and process control tasks, such as component set-up, verification of critical features, and process development.
- Program and simulate a Renishaw probe for your machine tool.
- Improve process control and reporting of your machine tool’s performance.
- Available with Mastercam Mill and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS® products.
- Perform simple measurements and alignments to set up and validate your parts at the machine tool.
Productivity+ is a great solution for any shop that wants more control and information about the manufacturing process.
- ProDrill Dramatically speed up the holemaking process for parts containing many holes and multidiameter holes. Mastercam ProDrill is a highly customizable, feature-based drilling Add-On for Mastercam. From automatic to fully-customizable drilling routines on surface or solid models from virtually any CAD source, you can adapt time-consuming, repetitive drilling tasks to your style of machining. ProDrill also allows your custom multidiameter step drill to be defined from the geometry used for machining.
- Optimize tool plane rotation to minimize unnecessary movements.
- Generate drilling toolpaths for all operations on your part, or on a selective basis.
- Prevent costly machining errors that disrupt productivity.
- Available for Mastercam Mill and Mill 3D.
With Mastercam ProDrill, you will manage your complex and high volume drilling routines with ease.
- Art Mastercam brings its power and experience to artistic relief design and cutting with Mastercam Art. The software lets you bring your 2D sketches, clip art, photos, and CAD files to life by crafting them on screen and cutting them with easy, specialized toolpaths. Creating basic 2D art to sophisticated 3D sculpture is quick and easy with Mastercam Art. It is the ultimate tool for adding that extra sculpted flair to your work.
- Work with files including JPG, TIFF, and raster-based images—and create a 3D relief based on your preferences.
- Create 3D sculpted models from 2D artwork.
- Create complex organic surfaces with a few simple clicks.
- Add, subtract, intersect, and blend multiple organic shapes.
Create your own beautifully sculpted designs with Mastercam Art.
11. 3rd Party Add-Ons
Mastercam partners with top players in the manufacturing industry, so you can choose from complementary software tools, hardware, and more to boost your bottom line with a complete manufacturing solution.