Currently, with the support of information technology, CAD / CAM integration is growing very rapidly. It makes the articulation of the design process for the fabrication of mechanical fields. Current trends of technical development mainly CAD / CAM integration. The CAD / CAM integration is commonly used today, such as Mastercam, Edgecam, SolidCAM, Delcam, Surfcam, Vercut, Topmold, Cimatron, Catia / Auto NC, Pro / Engenieer, Hypercam, etc. ...
Mastercam's CAD / CAM integration is widely used in Europe and in the world, is also widely used in Vietnam. Mastercam capable of designing and programming control
CNC machining centers 5-axis, 4 axis, 3 axis, can be programmed to process spark wire cutting, turning, milling, drilling ... Mastercam is rated as one of the world's best-selling in some recent years.
In the most recent analysis of CAM Software Corporation in conjunction with show held CIMDATA Inc. Mastercam ® software applications in the world's most widely used. So far in 2009, with nearly 136,000 large industrial companies in the world register settings, Mastercam has more than twice the amount of the registration settings nearest competitor.
In 2005, Mastercam has made a breakthrough when released Mastercam X with many outstanding features. In this new version, the interface is designed very beautiful Mastercam tools supporting the design and optimization of arrangement and support more powerful features. Mastercam X helps simplify programmer interaction and increase the flexibility of programming.
Mastercam X has a new interface, but gives the impression to the user-friendly. The toolbar can be designed options for each specific job of the programmer to use. Compared with the previous version of Mastercam V9 toolbar is collapsed in a scientific way across the screen while optimizing the programming options to manipulate a most convenient way. From 2005 to present,Mastercam continuous improvement and further improved the interface and features. The latest version until the end of the 4th quarter 2009 edition Mastercam
Mastercam software functionsMastercam X as well as a package to the new definition, and CNC control.A virtual environment perfectly describes the environment control and machine tool cutting you manipulate embryos. In addition, it can also calculate what the CNC can and can’t do, to help ensure that the correct programming.
Fully integrated modeling tool blocks or shape product surface. Good communication design data such as import, export geometric data with CAD / CAM.
Easily design blocks, 3D surface in the image field from flat art, drawings and photographs.
Efficient Wireframe Geometry
Mastercam’s streamlined CAD engine makes design work easier than ever before. Each piece of geometry you create is live, letting you quickly modify it until it’s exactly what you want. Further, with traditional functions consolidated into a few simple clicks, Mastercam simplifies the creation of even the most complex parts.
- Multiple point and line creation techniques.
- Efficient arc, circle, and fillet functions, including filleting at every corner in a chain of entities.
- Create splines on surfaces using a variety of functions including surface projections, surface intersections, edge curves, slicing curves, and parting lines.
- Create pre-filleted shapes to save time.
- Change widths, styles, and colors globally or for a single entity.
- Quickly modify parameters such as line length and arc radius after creation.
- Fillet or chamfer corners easily.
- Extend lines, arcs, and splines.
- Quickly translate, mirror, and scale (uniformly or with separate factors in X, Y, and Z).
- Offset entities by a given distance.
- Associative dimensions update as you change your model.
- Extensive CAD editing tools, including unlimited Undo/Redo.
- User-definable drafting grid simplifies detailed construction.
- Customizable AutoCursor™ snaps to commonly used construction points.
- Automatic parting line calculation for mold making.
- Analyze single points, between points, angles, and entire entities.
- Simplified and improved work coordinate system makes it easy to work on a model without having to move it in 3D space. Your new planes and origins are easily transferred to your G-code.
- Save a description with your part for record keeping.
- View thumbnail images of parts for easier browsing and loading
Powerful Surface Modeling
Surface modeling remains one of the best ways to create 3D organic shapes. Mastercam delivers a powerful set of surface design tools that give you straightforward control over the fine detail of even the most complex job.
What Mastercam Solids Delivers
Solid modeling is transforming the way parts are designed. Now you can bring that power right into your shop.
- Faster modeling of parts, molds, and fixtures using integrated solids, surfaces and wireframe.
- Greater flexibility in accepting outside models.
- Solids machining with access to Mastercam X's powerful CAM functions.
- The addition of Solids turns Mastercam X into a true hybrid modeler.
- Based on the industry-leading Parasolid® kernel, Mastercam X Solids delivers powerful solid modeling with an eye for production.
Solid Modeling for Manufacturing
- Mastercam Solids gives you powerful, streamlined solid modeling for practical design.
- Fast solids construction using familiar modeling techniques.
- Powerful revolve, extrude, loft and sweep commands.
- Easy shelling and thin-wall creation.
- Boolean addition, subtraction and common volume calculation between solids and surfaces.
- Fast, efficient chamfering and filleting, including useful face-to-face fillets.
- Draft solid faces.
- Create sheet solids that can be thickened, shelled, and more.
- Trim solids to a single surface or to multiple surfaces using sheet solids for maximum design potential.
- Freedom to model without part constraints.
- Hybrid modeling interaction between solids, surfaces and wireframe.
- Quick and easy tool boundary silhouette creation from solids or surfaces.
- Create patterns of crucial solid entities.
Flexible Hybrid Modeling
Flexibility is crucial to efficient part design and programming. Mastercam Solids lets you mix and match modeling techniques. Need to add surface or wireframe elements to a solid? Want to quickly add solid components to a complex surface model? Now it's easy. Mastercam Solids gives you the speed of solids, the power of surfaces, and the simplicity of wireframe. You choose the right tool for the right job.
Precision Tools for Flexible Design
- Sew multiple surfaces into a single solid.
- Mastercam's Solid Feature Recognition identifies features such as fillets and holes on imported solids and adds those features to the history tree.
- Delete and add solid faces for easy solid modification.
- Color solid faces for easier identification.
- Solid Machining Made Easy
Mastercam Solids is a fully integrated add-on to Mastercam CAD/CAM products. When combined with Mastercam Mill, Mastercam Solids gives you the ideal way to machine your solid models. Import, create, and program your solids in the same easy-to-use interface, with full access to all Mastercam's powerful programming tools.
|The Mastercam Mill / Mastercam Solids combination gives you full associativity between your model and toolpath. Make a quick change to your model, and get an updated toolpath with a single mouse click.||Solids gives you freedom unavailable with other types of modeling, such as removing your model from a solid block to create a mold.|
Whether you are bringing in a file from a specific CAD package or a neutral format, dependable, accurate data translators are essential to your shop.
- Built-in data translators for IGES, Parasolid®, SAT (ACIS solids), AutoCAD® (DXF, DWG, and InventorTM files), SolidWorks®, Solid Edge®, SpaceClaim®, KeyCreator®, Rhino®, STEP, EPS, CADL, STL, VDA, and ASCII.
- Direct translators for CATIA®, Pro/E, NX® and more are also available.
- When opening a SolidWorks file in Mastercam, you can bring in the entire solids history, ready to be edited with Mastercam Solids.
- Special no-charge Mastercam Direct add-ins put a button in your CAD system’s toolbar that lets you open launch Mastercam and open your native file with a single click. Mastercam Direct is available for SolidWorks, Solid Edge, or AutoCAD Inventor files.
- Mastercam Mill
Toolpath trajectory calculations from the product design and program the control center 5 axis CNC machining, 4 axis, 3 axis is very strong support for Mastercam X
Mastercam Mill Level 1
Associative CAD/CAM for 2 1/2 - axis machining and design. Mill Level 1 includes the full Mastercam CAD engine plus:
- Dynamic Milling.
- 2D Feature Based Machining on solids.
- CAD filechang recognition.
- Automated pocket remachining.
- Tombstone programming / multiaxis positioning.
- Automated feed rate optimization.
Contouring, Drilling, and Pocketing
2D machining ranges from the very simple to the very complex. Mastercam delivers all the tools you need for precise control over all aspects of 2D machining.
- Choose separate lead-in and lead-out for contours and pocket finish passes.
- Choose multiple roughing and finishing passes and multiple depth cuts for any contour.
- Easily machine 2D and 3D contours including parametric and NURBS splines.
- Automatically identify and pre-drill multiple operations at their plunge points.
- Automatic drilling countersink depth calculation.
- Optimize drill routines to minimize tool travel.
- Automatically create bolt circles or grids of points.
- Auto drilling creates complete cycles of drill operations on sets of holes, even with different diameters.
Mastercam Mill Level 2
Associative CAD/CAM for design and basic 3-axis machining. Builds on Mastercam Mill Level 1 functionality plus:
- Single surface and limited multisurface roughing.
- Single surface and multisurface finishing.
- Toolpath projection onto a complex surface.
Mastercam Mill Level 3
Associative CAD/CAM for full 3-axis machining and design. Builds on Mastercam Mill Level 1 and Level 2 functionality plus:
- Complete, associative multisurface roughing and finishing.
- Powerful high speed machining.
- Automated remaining stock removal.
- Time-saving "cleanup" machining.
- Machine surfaces, solids, STL files, and wireframe.
Associative CAD/CAM for 4-axis and 5-axis machining that adds on to Mastercam Mill Level 3. Features include:
- 4-axis and 5-axis multisurface roughing and finishing.
- 5-axis contour cutting and trimming.
- Full control over all aspects of tool approach, motion, and retract.
- Full multiaxis solid-based verification.