I. Overview of Software
Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, DELMIA helps industries and services to Collaborate, Model, Optimize, and Perform their operations.
An integral part of the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform is the connection between the virtual and real worlds.
DELMIA, powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, helps industries and service providers connect the virtual and real worlds of value networks to collaborate, model, optimize and perform.
Operational excellence requires harmony across the value network. DELMIA provides solutions to leverage the virtual world of modeling and simulation with the real world of operations to provide a complete solution to value network stakeholders: From suppliers, to manufacturers, to logistics and transportation providers, to service operators and workforces.
II. Overview Software functions
1. COLLABORATIVE OPERATIONS
DELMIA Collaborative Operations is the cornerstone of the 3DEXPERIENCE Operations vision that enables a common understanding for all stakeholders. This solution provides a holistic, model-based, and data-driven digital backbone that breaks down the silos between diverse functional users from engineering, operations, and supply chain. It delivers a common, up-to-date view of the manufacturing enterprise that facilitates problem-solving and enables efficient root cause analysis. By digitally connecting these users, companies can have visibility into, control over, and synchronization across their enterprise.
- Provide full traceability with data-driven analysis
- Enable cross-functional teams to work together and prevent manufacturing problems
- Promote collaboration and empowers teams to solve problems
- Offer full access to all product, process and resource data with a unified data model from engineering to the shop floor
- LEAN MANUFACTURING
DELMIA® 3DLean is a modern, customizable, and interactive solution that gives managers the ability to capture, monitor, and track operational meetings on the shop floor. It enables manufacturers to make Lean practices an integral part of shop floor operations by providing critical coordination and communication capabilities. Built on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, DELMIA 3DLean is a widget-based web app that uses touchscreen technology to deploy Lean practices to team leaders, workers, and support functions for immediate action and follow through.
- 3DLean Master Discover the role.
Author, Share, and Collaborate on the Team’s Plan
- 3DLean Member Discover the role.
Animate Team Meetings and Ease Communication
2. INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
DELMIA Industrial Engineering enables innovation and efficiency by planning, simulating, and modeling global operations. DELMIA allows manufacturing and service providers to virtually experience their entire operations from the impact of design to determining how to meet global demand. This is made possible with a single 3D data model across operations, spanning engineering, manufacturing, logistics and service.
With DELMIA Industrial Engineering, customers can virtually validate value networks, factory layouts, transportation plans, process plans, logistics plans and workforce plans to quickly respond to the competition or to take advantage of new market opportunities.For manufacturers, DELMIA Industrial Engineering capabilities extend visualization beyond the product into manufacturing and operations--providing the ability to simulate manufacturing processes before the physical plant or production line even exists.
- Plan, with comprehensive 3D process and resource planning tools to create and optimize build-to-order and lean production manufacturing systems.
- Simulate, with tools to virtually define and optimize manufacturing assets concurrently with manufacturing planning.
- Operate an accurate virtual production system to track real-time production activities, perform schedule changes, launch new programs and introduce model changeovers, and schedule maintenance operations
- ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
DELMIA® Additive Manufacturing drives manufacturing innovation and efficiency with tools to support planning, simulating, and programming additive manufacturing processes. The DELMIA Additive Manufacturing solution supports both powder bed fusion and directed energy deposition additive processes. These solutions enable manufacturers to virtually experience, validate, and optimize their additive manufacturing projects, from the nesting of parts, to engineering the process, to the validation of the process using physics based simulation.
- Additive Manufacturing Engineer Discover the role.
Prepare and Validate the Additive Manufacturing Process
- Powder Bed Programmer Discover the role.
3D Interactive Environment
Ergonomics allows users to assess equipment design with intent to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort, while helping to ensure compliance and verifying assembly across multiple platforms. Using lifelike manikins, ergonomics specialists are empowered to evaluate ergonomics and human factors at all levels of virtual design, manufacturing, and maintainability. Ergonomics specialists help to harness collective intelligence from product development stakeholders to verify and evaluate how a worker interacts with workplace design and products. Through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, ergonomics specialists are delivered a groundbreaking user experience in ergonomics.
- Car Design Ergonomist Discover the role.
Use Lifelike Manikins to Analyze Ergonomics and Occupant Safety
- Ergonomics Specialist Discover the role.
Human-Centric Product and Workplace Design
- Ergonomist Discover the role.
Create Highly-Specific Lifelike Manikins
- Work Safety Engineer Discover the role.
Early Validation with Virtual Workers for a Safer Workplace
Machining helps NC programmers to plan, detail, simulate and optimize their machining activities. Through tight integration of machine simulation with toolpath definition, NC programmers can identify and solve problems at earlier stages of the NC programming level. They can save time and optimize processes by linking engineering and manufacturing knowledge in the context of the machine simulation to increase machining quality and performance, reduce scrap and rework and shorten the full manufacturing process. Through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, NC programmers are delivered a groundbreaking user experience in machining.
- Cutting Tool Technologist Discover the role.
Create Cutting Tool Assembly Catalogs for NC Programmers
- Drill & Fill Engineer Discover the role.
Create, Simulate, and Validate Complex NC Drilling and Riveting
- NC Machine Code Validation Specialist Discover the role.
Perform Virtual NC Program Code Validation
- NC Milling Machining Programmer Discover the role.
Create, Optimize & Validate Complex Milling Programs on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- NC Multi-Axis Milling & Turning Programmer Discover the role.
Create, Optimize and Validate Advanced Multi-axis Milling and Turning Programs
- NC Multi-Axis Milling Programmer Discover the role.
Create, Optimize and Validate Advanced Multi-axis Milling Programs
- NC Prismatic & Turning Programmer Discover the role.
Create, Optimize and Validate Prismatic Milling and Turning Programs
- NC Prismatic Programmer Discover the role.
Program 2.5 Axis Milling Machines
- PROCESS ENGINEERING
Process Engineering helps create and optimize build-to-order and lean production manufacturing systems. Manufacturing Engineers and Project Managers can accelerate new product and variant introduction planning, reduce product and resource physical prototypes with 4D simulation, and maximize space and resource utilization to increase factory performance and safety. Through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, a groundbreaking user experience in Process Planning is delivered. Process Planning helps users to simulate, validate and effectively plan essential manufacturing capabilities for all industries and resources.
- Assembly Simulation Expert Discover the role.
Automatically Generate Optimized Assembly Paths
- Fastener Process Planner Discover the role.
Create and Reconcile Assembly Fastener Plans
- Heavy Industry Assembly Planner Discover the role.
Define Manufacturing Assembly Plans for Heavy Industries
- Heavy Industry Fluidic Manufacturer Discover the role.
Create Heavy Industry Fabrication Plans for Piping, HVAC and Raceway
- Heavy Industry Process Planner Discover the role.
Create Balanced Process Plans for Marine and Offshore
- Heavy Industry Structure Manufacturer Discover the role.
Create Manufacturing Structure Plans for Heavy Industries
- Manufacturability Analyst Discover the role.
3D Assembly Feasibility Studies for Product Designers
- Manufactured Items Manager Discover the role.
Easily Define the Manufactured Item Structure
- Manufacturing Engineer Discover the role.
Manufacturing Process and Resource Project Administration
- Process Planner Discover the role.
Define, Optimize and Validate Process Plans
- Process Plans Analyst Discover the role.
Securely Access Your Manufacturing Data Anytime, Anywhere
- Process Simulation Analyst Discover the role.
Assembly Process Simulation for Producibility Analysis
- Process Simulation Reviewer Discover the role.
Simulation-based Markup and Collaboration
- Time Study Analyst Discover the role.
Calculate Operation Times Using Corporate or Industry Standards
- Work Instructions Designer Discover the role.
Create Configured 3D Work Instructions
- Work Plan Release Manager Discover the role.
Share DELMIA Planning Data with Production and DELMIA Apriso Execution
Robotics enables robot programmers to simulate and validate robot tasks. Programmers are able to perform reachability studies, interlock analysis and offline robot teaching to deliver optimized robotics programs to the shop floor. Robot programmers can also create, simulate and validate robots in the context of all manufacturing environments. Robotics will enable workcells to be planned with accuracy to design and optimize with greater efficiency. Through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, robot programmers are delivered a groundbreaking user experience in robotics.
- Robotics Arc Engineer Discover the role.
Simulate Arc Welding Robots
- Robotics Engineer Discover the role.
Simulate and Validate Industrial Robot Behavior
- Robotics Offline Programmer Discover the role.
Import and Export Robot Programs
- Robotics Spot Engineer Discover the role.
Create and Simulate Robotic Workcells with Spot Welding and Drilling & Riveting Capabilites
- Robotics Surface Engineer Discover the role.
Simulate, Program, Validate and Optimize Robot Surface Processes
- Virtual Commissioning Expert Discover the role.
Simulate Robot Behavior Using Native Robot Controller Software
- VIRTUAL FACTORY
DELMIA Virtual Factory provides solutions for the creation and simulation of a 3D digital twin of your factory. 3D layout models of the machines, workcells, lines and plants can be created from scratch using standard library components, from a 2D drawing, or from a point cloud generated from scanning your actual facility. These models can be used to perform factory flow simulation analyses in order to optimize material flows and improve productivity. The same model can be used to visualize and check the mechanical behavior of machines and tools on the line in order to verify the manufacturability of new products or the performance of layout changes. You can even connect your workcells to a PLC and perform a “virtual commissioning” of your workcell or line.
- 3D Design for Manufacturing Engineer Discover the role.
Create Virtual Models of Manufacturing Equipment
- Industrial Engineer Discover the role.
Define and Simulate Resources and Material Flow
- Plant Layout Designer Discover the role.
Define Plant Layouts
- Shop Floor Designer Discover the role.
Define Devices and Plant Layouts
- Shop Floor Equipment Engineer Discover the role.
Create Virtual Models of Manufacturing Equipment
- Shop Floor Equipment Simulation Engineer Discover the role.
Simulate and Validate Mechanical Device Behavior
3. MANUFACTURING & OPERATIONS
DELMIA Manufacturing & Operations solutions transform global operations to achieve and sustain operational excellence. This is accomplished through digital continuity, a shared digital landscape connecting all stakeholders to improve visibility into, control over and synchronization across manufacturing operations and supply chain processes on a global scale. The result is improved agility and expanded continuous improvement across the enterprise and extended value network. By providing a model-based, data-driven digital user experience, customers can establish a common set of operational processes that can be created, managed, and governed holistically on a global scale. Explore DELMIA Apriso
- Orchestrate people, plant and equipment processes to improve collaboration
- Achieve real-time visibility, control and synchronization of business processes spanning global operations to achieve and sustain operational excellence
- Extract real-time manufacturing intelligence to support global continuous process improvement
- 3DEXPERIENCE Apriso Discover the role.
An In-Depth Portal to Apriso Execution from the 3DEXPERIENCE
- Shop Floor Operator Discover the role.
View Online Touch-enable Work Instructions
4. PLANNING & OPTIMIZATION
DELMIA Planning & Optimization powers reality-based planning, scheduling and optimization for complex business processes within manufacturing, logistics, transit and workforce operations--across all planning horizons. Built around a 100%-fit model, it's configured to respect all of an organization's unique rules and constraints, such as production capacity, inventory and logistics constraints, contractual requirements and more. At the same time, it's flexible enough to rapidly adapt to the peaks and troughs of day-to-day operations. The result is feasible plans, optimized against key performance indicators, always in sync with the realities of the business.
DELMIA customers rely on the same fully integrated 100%-fit planning and optimization solution to plan their workforce, manufacturing environment and logistics operations.
- Plan across all planning horizons for optimal results
- Solve the toughest operations planning and optimization challenges
- Gain visibility with planning and scheduling to minimize disruptions
- Receive instant KPI feedback on the quality of decisions
- Collaborative Forecaster Discover the role.
Enter, verify and reconcile the sales forecast
- Demand Planner Discover the role.
Drive the forecasting process to create a consensus sales forecast with high accuracy
- Supply Chain Director Discover the role.
Manage the process, connect stakeholders and present the planning results
- Supply Planner Discover the role.
Design the supply chain and create supply plans